How do I add people to Workplace without email addresses?
As a system admin, you can choose to add employees without email addresses. To enable the feature:
- Go to your Admin Panel.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the Profile creation with access codes setting and click .
- Select Turn on to allow coworkers without an email address to log into Workplace using an access code.
- Click Save
- From your Admin Panel, click People
- Click Add People.
- Click Import a CSV or XLSX and download the CSV template.
- When adding a user, you need to include at least a name and employee ID field. If added, an email won't be required. For all users without an email address, access codes will now be generated.
To distribute access codes to employees:
- On the People screen. Search for the employee that you have just added.
- Click next to the employees name.
- Click Get access code.
- Give the access code to the employee and ask them to sign up for Workplace at work.workplace.com/work/accesscode. Here, they will create a username and password.
You can also download all access codes at once:
- From the People screen click .
- Select Get Access Codes.
- Click Send codes. This will send a list of access codes to your email address.
Note: Access codes are sensitive data. Anyone in possession of an unused access code will have full access to the account to which the code relates. Distribution of access codes should be tightly controlled.
More about access codes
- They consist of a 16-character string of letters.
- Only one is valid per account at any time.
- Generating a new access code for a user invalidates all old codes.
- They're valid for 90 days after generation.
- When an access code is successfully used to claim or recover access to an account, the access code is invalidated.
- Admins can deactivate an unused access code at any time.